Today marks the ending of one year and the beginning of a new one. Many people use this time to make New Years resolutions. I have to confess, I've never made them. I don't think anything is wrong with resolutions, I just don't necessarily make them on January 1st. Tonight I've decided as 2012 comes to an end I will celebrate 2013 as the "Renew Year." It is a time to renew things to life; bring refreshment, vigor & restoration to life. Friends, It is a time to continue & extend ourselves in the things of God. It's a time for new ideas, miracles and God's love to refesh our hearts and minds. Romans 12:2 tells us "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Phillipians 4:8 gives us 8 clues to help us renew our minds. "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things". To achieve the freshness of life and share it with others the adjectives below should describe the things that we do, say and think.
1. True (real, genuine, faithful, actual)
2. Noble (grand, high-minded, excellence, above)
3. Right (morally just, favorable, fair)
4. Pure (clean, free of the unnecessary, virtuous)
5. Lovely (beautiful, charming, harmony, grace)
6. Admirable (deserving of respect, love, of merit)
7. Excellent (eminently good, heavenly,
8. Praiseworthy (commendable, exemplary, tough)
Remember, a New Year is only a mark on the calendar, but a Renew Year can happen anyday of the year, one day at a time :) If you stumble you can always get up and keep renewing!