Monday, November 19, 2012

Stereo of Our Hearts

Have you ever started humming a tune which seemed to come out of nowhere? You don't remember when the last time you heard that song but now it's stuck in your head. This happens to me all the time. Thanks to my 4 year-old daughter instead of humming the hottest new track to hit the radio, I'm usually caught singing the theme song to a cartoon. Music has the ability to stimulate memory and alter your mood. Music is said to be the universal language, speaking to people and crossing cultural boundaries. It has the ability to bury its melody in our hearts and minds and come out when we least expect it. 


Lyrics to "Stereo Hearts," by Gym Class Heroes
I heard the song "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes today and had a thought. What if we made God the stereo of our hearts? We could turn Him up when we feel low, hear His thoughts through every note and have His sweet melody on our minds and lips. Stereos create the feeling of being surrounded by a sound. Psalm 119:11 says "I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." If we could instead allow God to surround us and embed His melodic word inside of our hearts we would see sound manifest into something tangible, leaving a trail of harmony in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment